Music Lessons | Brighton + Livonia
SFTA is proud to offer private lessons in:
– BRASS INSTRUMENTS
– GUITAR (Acoustic + Electric)
– PIANO (Individual + Group Lessons)
Please contact us below for more information or to sign up for lessons.
Ongoing enrollment always available.
Join us anytime!
FALL TERM 2021 LESSONS
September 8 - December 17, 2021
Fall Term Recitals | Saturday, December 18, 2021
WINTER TERM 2022 LESSONS
January 3, 2022 - Friday, March 11, 2022
Recitals Follow Spring Term | Sat. May 21, 2022
SPRING TERM 2022 LESSONS
March 14 - May 20, 2022
Recitals | Saturday, May 21, 2022
*No lessons Spring Break Week
March 28, 2022 - April 1, 2022
*No lessons Good Friday | April 15, 2022
SFTA MUSIC LESSON POLICIES
We value our students and our teachers in their commitments to lessons.
FALL 2021 | WINTER + SPRING TERM 2022 | MUSIC LESSON TUITION
- Our 14 week fall term tuition is invoiced monthly at $94.50 and $112, September through December.
- Winter term monthly tuition will be calculated by the number of weeks in that term, January through May, 2022.
- Monthly tuition is based on weekly 30-minute private lessons and calculated to be invoiced evenly over the term months.
- Calculations are based on the weekly rate of $27 for banjo, bass, drum, guitar, mandolin, piano, ukulele, and voice lessons.
- The weekly rate of $32 is used to calculate monthly tuition for brass, cello, woodwinds, and violin lessons..
- Payment is due before the first lesson of the month.
- If a student enrolls mid-month, the fee will be prorated.
- A flex schedule is available for students to continue their learning over the summer. This allows flexibility for vacations and allows students to keep their current spot with their teacher.
- Once a student enrolls in music lessons, they will not need to re-enroll each month.
- Students will remain enrolled and receive an invoice per month until they withdraw from lessons.
- When lesson materials are needed, the student/parent will be notified by the instructor and asked to purchase the materials at a music store or online. The instructor may prefer to obtain the materials for the student to ensure they have them when needed. The student would, in that case, pay the teacher directly.
- Instructors will be available to give advice on the purchase or rental, if available, of instruments.
- Lessons are available from many of our SFTA instructors in person, online, or as a combination of both.
- When enrolling at SFTA students will have the opportunity to participate in our December and May recitals. Students are encouraged to commit to these performances.
- Students may also be invited, on occasion to perform at 2|42 church special events.
MISSED LESSON POLICY
- Our instructors reserve time and studio space for teaching lessons and they are in the studio regardless if a student shows up or not. In consideration for their time, and booking considerations refunds are not given for missed lessons. Some instructors have the availability for make up lessons, if given advance notice, and others do not.
- Due to booking considerations, make up lessons offered may be conducted as virtual lessons.
- We are not responsible to schedule a make up lesson when a student is not there for any reason. They may be offered at the instructor’s discretion.
- Our official policy at School for the Arts is that lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will not be eligible for make ups, credits, or refunds.
- Lessons cancelled by the instructor shall be made up, credited to the next invoice, or refunded.
- The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the scheduled teacher is unable to teach. If a student is sick we ask them to stay home and utilize a virtual lesson if possible.
- We do not follow local school closings for snow days. If your lessons are affected by inclement weather you will be notified. Virtual lessons may be offered as an alternative.
- When enrolling at School for the Arts, you understand that your child may be photographed from time to time. The pictures may be used on SFTA Facebook (untagged) or on promotional materials.